Welcome to Yoga and Massage bil-Qalb
Teresa Sharon Azzopardi also known as Yoga and Massage bil-qalb (with heart), is a qualified Yoga Instructor and Licensed Massage Therapist with years of experience gained whilst travelling the world.
Teresa took her first massage course in 1992 in Texas USA, in Swedish Relaxation Techniques, where she developed an interest in pain relief and pain management. Her interest was such that she then continued her learning in New Mexico, studying Deep Tissue and Trigger Point Therapy and then Dallas, learning Myofascial Release with John F. Barnes. Her studies allowed her to be become Nationally Certified in the USA.
Still hungry to learn more about the body and the way it works, she spent a further two years studying Physical Therapy, practicing massage in Texas for several years with Chiropractors and Physiotherapists.
In her more recent travels, Teresa studied Thai massage and Tok-Sen Thailand in 2015 and became a Yoga Instructor in India.
Teresa’s motivation to learn is to bring balance, mindfulness and movement into her practice,
so that she can allow others to enjoy the benefits.
Teresa’s massage styles range from Stress Reduction, Relaxation Massage to Sports Massage.
Teresa encourages her clients to be active participants in their healing process and as a Practitioner brings balance and harmony to mind, body and spirit through particular breathing techniques, yoga therapy and her nurturing, therapeutic touch.
- Swedish massage is designed specifically to enhance circulation and blood flow to the large muscle groups using long slow muscle strokes.
- Deep tissue and trigger point therapy which direct pressure is applied to specified points on tender muscle tissue to bring about reduction in muscle tension and pain relief.
- Myofascial release involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
- Thai massage is assisted yoga postures, passive stretching and gentle pressure along the body’s energy lines to increase flexibility, relieve muscle and joint tension and balance the body’s energy systems.
- Tok-Sen is a treatment where your body’s lines are tapped with a mallet from a tamarind tree creating a resonating, healing vibration that clears blocked energy and goes deep into your muscles.
Teresa offers public group, private small group and one to one yoga sessions, across both Gozo and Malta.
She also provides Massage Therapy Services at The Health and Wellbeing Centre ‘Lotus tal- Qalb’ in Gharb, Gozo and Ghari Center in Mosta, Malta.
Follow her on social media to find out her next classes and availability.